Whisky Poster

• ben_2
    Topic creator
    Guest, Administrator ben_2
    Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92

Is this too 'mainstream' as a merchandise product?

If its not too mainstream, would you buy it?

I work for whisky.com
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

I wouldn't call it mainstream...:eek:
    Get rid of the misspelling and there might be people willing to buy it - just for the fun of it... but honestly, I won't be one of them.:evil::rolleyes:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options

:redface:

I work for whisky.com
  • Donderladdich_2 Member Donderladdich_2 Joined: 13.07.2014Posts: 14Ratings: 0
    Options

Would you buy it, Ben?8)

cheers, Patrick
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Admitidly I would buy a whisky poster. But not that one. If you wanted one to raise funds. Take horst out of it and make one that's good. Make a map of prominent whiskey areas. Scotland Japan India Ireland Canada and America. Now fade those and place bottlings of prominent/ famous bottles over. I'd buy that and toss whisky.com's name on it. Than it goes from a novelty item to a legitimate purchase. I could buy one of those and place it in a nice frame and display it. That being said what I just suggested would take some work. Probably several hours. Either that or toss the poster you have in as a freebie from the whisky shop. I just don't see anyone tossing down funds on that and hanging it in their home. We all drink fine malts so we probably want something classy and timeless to represent our love of spirit. Also I would wait on the poster. Membership is too low.

• ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options
    "Godslayer" wrote:
    Membership is too low.

Yes, you are probably right.
    I've made a few serious ones. whisky.com shop

I will probably update the old posters we have. But I got to go through a lot of pictures and that will take a bit of time.

I work for whisky.com
  • Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    , edited August 1 2014 at 4:51PM
    Options

Have a look at the "Distillery Map of Scotland 1902" and try to copy it in a legal way.

You could smaller your current Distillers Map of the german shop and put some of the distiller logos around. But the most important thing is, that it should also have this old fashioned look and not that terrible font like your current poster. Sorry for that..:razz:

EDIT: like this

i think it looks very nice, but i wont pay ~220€ for it (whithout shipping^^).

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english
  • ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options

I uploaded the posters to this website

http://www.whisky.com/information/free-products/distilleries-poster.html
    http://www.whisky.com/information/free-products/pot-stills-poster.html

I'm still thinking about doing something more interactive and personalized but this will still take some time

I work for whisky.com