Newsletter

• Art_2
    Topic creator
    Member Art_2

I watched the recent FAQ (#13) and thought I'd subscribe to the newsletter. I found out that I already had the newsletter option checked in my profile - however, I haven't received any newsletters in my email. Would be sweet if I was added to the newsletter list, thanks.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Thx for the topic. We added the newsletter later and we only send it out, if the user has actively accepted the sending. We try to avoid being recognized as spammers.

I will add you to the maillist.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

I looked at the receivers an you are in with artt...nen@gmail.com. Please check your email and have a look at your spam-settings. We send from whisky.com and the word whisky in a senders address is often recognized as spam.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Art_2
    Topic creator
    Member Art_2
    Options

Just thought to say that it's working for me now, received the latest newsletter in my email. Quite enjoyed the look on the grand scheme of things, if you will, instead of talking solely about what's going on in the whisky industry. 

The weakening pound got me wondering that how much do Scottish whisky producers need to import materials... Do they use only British barley? And obviously importing casks is becoming more expensive for them, plus if there will be post-Brexit tariffs on them... raises the worry that whisky prices might rise and/or quality worsen if the distilleries have less cash to spend on casks.