End of NAS expressions?

• rainbow79
    Topic creator

Hi,

Were you guys aware of this that I just found?

https://blog.thewhiskyexchange.com/2016/04/all-whisky-to-carry-age-statements-by-2019-exclusive/

Looks like very interesting for consumers. It could be the end of the NAS expressions, at least as we know them nowadays. And for those current NAS that will stay, at least we would have all information we're missing right now in oder to make buying decisions....what do you think?

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

I think you better check the date on that blog post.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

I noticed you said that you live in Spain. I don't know if you are FROM Spain, but if you look at the date the article was posted, it was on April 1st, which in America is known as April Fools Day. On this day, we like to play jokes on each other. One year, my wife called and said that she wrecked our car in an accident and I needed to pick her up from a bad part of town. Of course I panicked and asked if she was okay. She said that she was scared and I needed to get there quick. As soon as I was ready to hang up , she said "April Fools Day"!

Anyways, this is a joke article. At the bottom of the article, it says April Fools.

• rainbow79
    Topic creator
    Options

ha ha ha! I actually live in Spain, and I indeed did look at the date, but that means nothing for me here in Spain! :smile:)) It was a bit strange to me that nothing was mentioned anywhere since then.

Sorry guys, but anyway surely it was fun for you to laugh a bit at me, wasn't it? :lol:

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options
    "rainbow79" wrote:
    ha ha ha! I actually live in Spain, and I indeed did look at the date, but that means nothing for me here in Spain! :smile:)) It was a bit strange to me that nothing was mentioned anywhere since then.

Sorry guys, but anyway surely it was fun for you to laugh a bit at me, wasn't it? :lol:

Ah, if only it were true...

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • Slàinte_Mhath Guest, Member Slàinte_Mhath Joined: 09.10.2016Posts: 134CollectionOslo Whisky ClubRatings: 211
    , edited December 12 2016 at 8:19AM
    Options

rainbow79 said:

Obviously, you were not the only one. It's actually an interesting example of different cultures reacting differently to things we find in the internet.

While from a US perspective, this might be spotted as a joke without further thoughts, it has become more than obvious now that people coming from other corners of the world don't understand it.

I don't want to go into that - but it actually shows that some people writing articles like this don't even realize that we have different cultures on our planet...

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.” (Tyrion Lannister)

>>> Whisky reviews by Slàinte Mhath <<<