Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom

Something I'd appreciate your help with, friends:
    While chatting about whisky during an online tasting I mentioned that Elijah Craig was one of the bourbons I don't like as much as others. I was told to try the Barrel Proof, especially the batch 68,5% alc. and expect something special...
    Does anybody know this variant of the Elijah Craig and can tell me something about it? Even better would be a sample to try and taste the stuff myself :wink: This seems to be an older batch as the one in the shops in the moment has a different percentage of alcohol.
    So, anybody able to help?

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

I've had this at a tasting of bourbons. It's just cask stregrh Elijah Craig. Nothing super special. I presume as it's cask strength it'll float about a bit. Probably between 64%-68% depending upon batch. It retails for almost double the regular stuff. I think it's $65 here. Springbank 10 pricing . As to whether you will like it I don't know. Think super intense bourbon vanillas caramel and spice. If that's your thing you will otherwise I would avoid it. It's also quite nippy would be better at 18 but than it would be a significant pricier bottle as all "older" bourbons are.

• SanctTom
    Topic creator
    Member SanctTom
    Options

Thanks!
    This is just what I thought - as it's the same age as the regular EC 12 it shouldn't be too different.
    I'll look around to see if I can grab a sample somewhere.

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)