Greetings from Sweden

• bedlamborn
    Topic creator
    Member bedlamborn
    Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21

Hello,

I found out this site though the youtube postings on whisky after a trip to Scotland rekindled my whisky interest. I have found these videos interesting. Early on I almost only enjoyed whiskies with a lot of smoke but now I have widened my taste.
    My favourite distilleries right now are Lagavulin, Talisker and Bunnahabhin. Right now I am trying out some other distilleries such as Glefarclas, Edradour and Balblair.

Regards
    Björn

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Hello and welcome to the forum, Björn!
    Hope you enjoy posting here!

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

Welcome...have a dram of Mackmyra for me up in Sweden; I can't find it anywhere in my area!

• bedlamborn
    Topic creator
    Member bedlamborn
    Options

I grew up in Gävle and Mackmyra were situated just outside of Gävle at start and now they are situated in Gävle. In the old military area where I did my military service. Bought their second bottle release many years ago. Had one dram of that bottle and that whisky was so bad :biggrin: It is better now :smile:

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options
    Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • bedlamborn
    Topic creator
    Member bedlamborn
    Options

Good video of the distillery. Very modern. I spoke to a plumber who had been constructing the plumbing for the old Mackmyra distillery and he said that a lot were handmade because everything should look beautiful because of the visitors.

It is an interesting choice that they have chosen to go so modern now compared with the old style at the old Mackmyra place.