Favorite anytime of the day, share with friends malt.

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

There are quite a few malts that never seem to miss in my bar (Talisker 10, Glenmo 18, Bowmore Darkest) - but actually I don't drink them myself all too regularly - there are so many more to sample and explore...:rolleyes::biggrin:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
    ASWhisky liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

In the last video session I had a Royal Lochnagar Selected Reserve. The video will come up next week. This was the best of the day.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Unknown Joined: -Ratings:
    Options
    "walli" wrote:
    I have never bought a whisky twice. YOBO (You only buy once) :wink:

Generally it's the same with me. Only exceptions: Glenfiddich 15 Solera and Maker's Mark.

• Xounlistedxox Member Xounlistedxox Joined: 25.12.2014Posts: 29CollectionMy CollectionRatings: 57
    Options

For me Highland Park 12. It was my first single malt, and to this day is just as good as the first sip, if not even better since my palate is a bit more sophisticated.

SuperDrams liked that
  • Single_Malt Member Single_Malt Joined: 31.01.2015Posts: 5CollectionSingle_Malts CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Ok, some may laugh at this but Famous Grouse is what I keep on hand for guest. This is an exceptional blended, pocket friendly Scotch whisky. If you have not tried don't knock it until you do and then I'll bet you'll agree with me. The thing is most my friends are all Budweiser drinkers and shoot rot gut whisky to get drunk. I enjoy the ride, slow burn, mellow FLAVORS, long sips of good scotch. I'm not going to pull the cork on a bottle of Glengoynge 21 year or Blue label Johnny for some booze hounds. That being said if they are serious about their drink I am always the good host and oblige their request .

May your burn be sharp and you never ash in your Scotch
  • Durning Member Joined: 16.04.2015Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

I don't repeat buy on many scotches, but I like to keep a bottle of Auchentoshan Classic around for company. As a Lowland it has something of a lighter taste, so company is less apt to turn up their nose at it.

Cheers~

• Stormer Member Stormer Joined: 18.05.2016Posts: 5Ratings: 5
    Options
    "Single_Malt" wrote:
    Ok, some may laugh at this but Famous Grouse is what I keep on hand for guest. This is an exceptional blended, pocket friendly Scotch whisky. If you have not tried don't knock it until you do and then I'll bet you'll agree with me. The thing is most my friends are all Budweiser drinkers and shoot rot gut whisky to get drunk. I enjoy the ride, slow burn, mellow FLAVORS, long sips of good scotch. I'm not going to pull the cork on a bottle of Glengoynge 21 year or Blue label Johnny for some booze hounds. That being said if they are serious about their drink I am always the good host and oblige their request .

+ 1
    Always have the Grouse around.

• oldnavy Member oldnavy Joined: 01.08.2015Posts: 22CollectionThe chief's stashRatings: 0
    , edited September 20 2016 at 7:03PM
    Options

I always have 4 or 5 bottles open in the rotation so guests have a range to pick from.

Regular players on the shelf
    BenRiach 12 yo. Horizons
    SpringBank 12 yo. CS
    Old Pulteney 17
    Balvenie 15 Sherry Cask

And if they really don't know what they want, the house pours Aultmore 12
    I buy this 6 at a time, it's my daily dram whilst out on the back deck
    smoking my pipe.

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options
    "oldnavy" wrote:
    I always have 4 or 5 bottles open in the rotation so guests have a range to pick from.

Regular players on the shelf
    BenRiach 12 yo. Horizons
    SpringBank 12 yo. CS
    Old Pulteney 17
    Balvenie 15 Sherry Cask

And if they really don't know what they want, the house pours Aultmore 12
    I buy this 6 at a time, it's my daily dram whilst out on the back deck
    smoking my pipe.

Nice lineup Chief. I'm betting you have a lot of repeat visitors.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • SuperDrams Member Joined: 20.11.2015Posts: 12Ratings: 30
    Options
    "Xounlistedxox" wrote:
    For me Highland Park 12. It was my first single malt, and to this day is just as good as the first sip, if not even better since my palate is a bit more sophisticated.

This

No logo on the foam!