Need some whisky advice

Topic creator

Hey guys,
I need your advice.

I am moving to Dubai very soon and I can bring in four bottles of alcohol with me from duty free.
All four will be whiskies od course biggrin

I don't have that much experience with different whiskies, mostly due to inavailability in my country. I usually drink Johnnie Walker Black Label, that is my favourite available one. I tried Green and Gold too, green is nice but gold is excelent.
I don't like red label or Ballantines, Chivas is not that good too...
Haven't tried much single malts, would deffinitely like to get into those.

So far I think one of four will be JW Gold or Platinum, I am looking up to let's say 100 $ per bottle, maybe little bit more if it's a really good one.
Other than that, I am pretty clueless.

You can see on a link below of what is available in duty free shop (with price filter set):|BTWN%2033%20125&Nrpp=20&view=grid&Ns=globalRankL2%7C0%7C%7CsalesVolume%7C1%7C%7Cproduct.displayName%7C0&tabParam=preOrder&Ns=globalRankL2%7C0%7C%7CsalesVolume%7C1%7C%7Cproduct.displayName%7C0&userAction=loadMore&selectedFacet=pagination&hashCounter=3

What would be your four bottles of choice?
Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• FUBAR FUBAR Joined: 05.02.2016Posts: 13CollectionFUBARs CollectionBewertungen: 12Mitglied

LOL,Use thae data base if that helps for an average score of a certain whisky you like, but choose what you like? Simple.

• hwchoy hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 88CollectionHeng Wah's CollectionBewertungen: 0Mitglied

that Dalwhinnie 15 years ought to be a safe bet, easy to drink although no smoke at all (compared to the slight smoke in black label).

• pasvraiment pasvraiment Joined: 05.11.2015Posts: 25Collectionpasvraiments CollectionBewertungen: 0Mitglied

If you want a little more robust scotchs :
    Oban 14 Year Old Whisky 700ml
    Talisker Dark Storm Whisky 1L
    Johnnie Walker Double Black 1L

Or mellow :
    Johnnie Walker Swing Scotch Whisky 750ml
    Dalwhinnie Single Malt Whisky 700ml
    Ballantine's The Original 17 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 700ml

• horst_s horst_s Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 216Bewertungen: 690Administrator

I would go for the JW Platinum, because it carries an age statement. But I prefer the JW double black without an age statement over the 12yrs black.

Are you allowed to carry four bottles or four liter bottles with you? In this case I would base my choice also on the bottle sizes.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster,