Best blend under € 100

• Jodokusardbeg
    Topic creator
    Member Jodokusardbeg

Goodmorning whisky friends,

I have always been a malt fan but, would love to know more and taste some great blends under € 100.

Any of you man or woman know any good ones?

Patrick strik
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

For a traditional blended Scotch, Johnnie Walker Black Label is tough to beat at anywhere near its price. If you enjoy the house style of the Black Label, you will also likely enjoy the more expensive Johnnie Walker expressions. The Ballantine's and Buchanan's blends are also good (the 12 years and older expressions).

For blended malts, I would recommend Johnnie Walker Green Label, The Spice Tree by Compass Box, and a couple from Spencerfield Spirits: Sheep Dip (16 different malts, all from first-fill casks) and The Feathery (Tamdhu, Glengoyne, and Glendronach, all from first-fill Oloroso sherry casks). Both Sheep Dip and The Feathery were created by Richard Paterson.

The main thing is to keep an open mind if you have been drinking malts exclusively. Judged on their own merits, blends can be as good as single malts (at least to my palate).

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
    DramTasticVoyage liked that