JW Green Bottles Question

• Lost_Sandman
    Topic creator
    Member Lost_Sandman
    , edited August 6 2016 at 10:58PM

I was not lucky enough to try one of the original Johnnie Walker Green Label bottles. About three or four months ago, a friend bought me a bottle of Green Label as a gift. Reluctant to open it (as I'm stubborn and feel like I need to save it for some special moment) I decided to go buy something else.

While in a local liquor store I noticed two bottles (not in a box)of JW Green Label. I bought one of these bottles and when I got home I compared the two. There is a distinctive difference between the two bottles AND neither of them look like the older original bottles of JW Green Label.

I've looked around and can't seem to find a definitive answer as to why these bottles are different. If this question has been addressed here before, I apologize, I couldn't locate the post. Something tells me that the bottle NOT in a box may not be authentic.

The bottle on the LEFT is the one that came with the box. The bottle on the RIGHT did not come with a box. (Sorry, I'm bad with pictures on a computer, not sure why it's sideways.)

You only get one, just one. Better make it count.
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

The right hand bottle is a special edition called "The Art of Malt" - it probably should have come with a box, too (Don't know any Johnnie Walker that's sold without). I wouldn't worry about it being a fake, though - most fakes are of bottles that are higher in demand and also value.

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)