Aberlour 15 years

• hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3

In Horst's vlog review of the Aberlour 15 years Select Cask Reserve, he mentioned that Aberlour has two processes, where the 12 and 16 years Double Cask Matured range is a "finishing" process, whereas the Select Cask Reserve is a cuvee, a marrying of multiple casks each matured for the full 15 years.

However it seems Aberlour now does not make this distinction. their travel retail exclusive 15 year Double Cask Matured has the same colour tube as the Select Cask Reserve, with the same colour and tasting notes, and even explains:

"This Fifteen Year Old Aberlour has been matured in two cask types, Traditional Oak and Sherry oak casks. Especially selected every year, they are filled with whisky and quietly aged for a minimum of 15 years; then the casks are married together."

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Hmmm. I have to ask representatives of the distillery the next time, if I got messed up by marketing.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    Hmmm. I have to ask representatives of the distillery the next time, if I got messed up by marketing.

yes those Marketing people :banghead::lol:
    regardless if they are married or not, its a damn delicious dram.