2016 Whisky Holiday planned and booked!!

• Suzanne1967
    Topic creator
    Guest, Member Suzanne1967
    Joined: 09.05.2015Posts: 68CollectionSuzanne and Lee's drinking CollectionRatings: 164

Hi All,

Just booked our summer hols, 6 days on Islay, with a stop off on Arran on the way up.... 10 Distillery Visits planned and booked.... this is going to be expensive!! :smile:

One question, if you were limited to one or two bottles per Distillery for Islay and Jura and Arran, what would be your MUST have buys?

Any suggestions are welcome, along with other suggestions of things to do between Distillery visits..... Last year was 34 Distilleries in a week including Speyside, Highlands, Skye and a couple of Lowlands on the way up and down.... this year with only 10 Distilleries to visit I think the pace will be a little more leisurely :smile:

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Great journey!

I would look for bottles in the distillery shops, which aren't available in the normal market. All other bottles may be bought later at home.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    Suzanne1967 liked that
  • Suzanne1967
    Topic creator
    Guest, Member Suzanne1967
    Joined: 09.05.2015Posts: 68CollectionSuzanne and Lee's drinking CollectionRatings: 164
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    Great journey!

I would look for bottles in the distillery shops, which aren't available in the normal market. All other bottles may be bought later at home.

Thanks Horst, much appreciated. Most definitely looking forwards to the trip :smile:

We usually check the prices of the standard bottlings with a few online retailers before we go, and then only buy those which are either significantly cheaper or unavailable elsewhere.

Would be good to hear of any must haves that folks have tried and think are exceptional in taste or value :smile: