First Scotch Purchase .

• altimanmalt
    Topic creator
    Joined: 30.03.2016Posts: 18CollectionScotch/Whisky ListRatings: 0
    , edited April 6 2016 at 6:33PM

Well got some Islay scotch today , a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask .

Wonder if I ll make a collection or drink my future scotch/whiskies in the future .

Have a great one malty people !

Edit; typos

• Art_2 Member Art_2 Joined: 08.08.2014Posts: 23Ratings: 0
    Options

Lots of blended scotches and probably my first single malt was 'fiddich 12 when I was about 21.

• altimanmalt
    Topic creator
    Joined: 30.03.2016Posts: 18CollectionScotch/Whisky ListRatings: 0
    , edited April 10 2016 at 9:18PM
    Options
    "Art" wrote:
    Lots of blended scotches and probably my first single malt was 'fiddich 12 when I was about 21.

Wow , way ahead of me mate !

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

The first bottle I bought was Ardbeg 10yr. I bought it blind not knowing at all what a "peaty whisky" was; definite trial by fire! It took me a while to work my way back up to enjoying Islay...

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

My first malt was a Glenfiddich with no age statement in 1980 as well.
    What a difference to other Blended Scotch whiskies then.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • pasvraiment Member pasvraiment Joined: 05.11.2015Posts: 26Collectionpasvraiments CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

I first tasted Talisker and a mildly peated Japanese whisky at a friends house. Then, I bought a Aberlour 10 (never went back to it), Bowmore 12, Speyburn 10, HP10, JWBlack, HP12, Bunna12, JWPlat... and then I met Laga16 :wink:

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

my first real bottle was the original Glenlivet Nàdurra 16 years at a cask strength of 55.2%. I guess it's quite a good start.

• Shawn_A_Anderson Member Shawn_A_Anderson Joined: 05.02.2016Posts: 31Ratings: 0
    Options

First was Balvenie Doublewood.

• X_dwhisky Member X_dwhisky Joined: 15.04.2016Posts: 16CollectionX_d's CollectionRatings: 56
    Options

Well, I bought two bottles at the same time. Glenffidich 12y and Glenfarclas 12y. Just about one month ago. And opened a new world for me.
    I think Glenfarclas 12y was a good introduction for me.

• Stormer Member Stormer Joined: 18.05.2016Posts: 5Ratings: 5
    Options

Tried several blends along my life, like JW Red, Black, Balantines, etc...
    Realy like Grand Old Parr, by far better tham the ones above.
    Had a JD no. 7 fase too, lots of big parties with it.
    Oh, but the "battle horse" today is Famous Grouse. Man, by the money, is something very special.
    And now trying Glenlivet Founders Reserve. Nice... Fresh, light, good with the tropical temperatures of my beloved Brazil.

• Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    Options
    "Art" wrote:
    Lots of blended scotches and probably my first single malt was 'fiddich 12.

Same here!

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english