Hello guys, this is X_d from China

• X_dwhisky
    Topic creator
    Member X_dwhisky
    Joined: 15.04.2016Posts: 16CollectionX_d's CollectionRatings: 56

A real Newbie in Whisky. Love symphonies and some kind of metal.
    Actually it seems be easier in China to get japanese whisky (same in classical CDs lol). Anyone please recommend some of them?
    Thank you.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

The Yamazaki 18yrs is one of the best japanese whiskies for me.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • X_dwhisky
    Topic creator
    Member X_dwhisky
    , edited April 26 2016 at 2:29PM
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    The Yamazaki 18yrs is one of the best japanese whiskies for me.

Ahhhh! Thank you for your recommendation meister. But actually some of my friends said all of the Yamazakies are in very high price recently. Is that true?

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

Demand for Japanese whisky has gone up quite a bit recently. As a result, the prices have gone up quite a bit. Personally, I think they are a little overpriced. That being said, the quality of Japanese whisky is really good. Their attention to detail (from the paper used on the bottles, to the deliberate and carefully constructed flavor profiles) should remind some of the Scotch distilleries that they are not the only game in town.

Anyways, yes, Yamazaki has gone up in price, but I don't see it going down anytime soon either. I would recommend going to a local bar and trying a dram before committing to a bottle, though.

• X_dwhisky
    Topic creator
    Member X_dwhisky
    Options
    "kroman" wrote:
    Demand for Japanese whisky has gone up quite a bit recently. As a result, the prices have gone up quite a bit. Personally, I think they are a little overpriced. That being said, the quality of Japanese whisky is really good. Their attention to detail (from the paper used on the bottles, to the deliberate and carefully constructed flavor profiles) should remind some of the Scotch distilleries that they are not the only game in town.

Anyways, yes, Yamazaki has gone up in price, but I don't see it going down anytime soon either. I would recommend going to a local bar and trying a dram before committing to a bottle, though.

Ah...actually it is terribly hard to find a bar near here. And the Yamazaki 12yo on the internet is also expensive, around 130-150 USD. Maybe the new tax policies have caused that....
    Well, thank you for your introduction though.