Hello from Starnberg

• sam_2
    Topic creator
    Member sam_2
    Joined: 21.04.2016Posts: 6CollectionSam´s CabinetRatings: 0

Hello everyone,

greetings from Starnberg, a nice little town near Munich just on the other side of the lake where
    whisky.com is located. I´m, interested in whisky for roughly 5 years now. I enjoy a good dram and started collecting whisky especially older Bruichladdich bottles, recently. I´m about to get my first bourbon bottle as I never really tried a good one. If anyone can recommend a good bottle to get started with, I´d appreciate it.

best regards,
    Sam

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Welcome!

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

Welcome (although I'm new too!),

I started with scotch, so bourbon has always tasted a little weird to me. the sweetness from the corn is only pleasant for a few sips...not a whole dram.

That being said, if I was to recommend a bourbon to a scotch drinker, I'd go with Woodford Reserve. While it's one of the more common bourbons, you'll be hard pressed to find a bourbon drinker who has anything bad to say about it. It's spicy enough to be a little more familiar to scotch drinkers than some of the other bourbons that have that sweet corn tang, but it also has enough complexity to keep you coming back for more. Plus, it's quite affordable (at least here in America).

Good luck!

• sam_2
    Topic creator
    Member sam_2
    Joined: 21.04.2016Posts: 6CollectionSam´s CabinetRatings: 0
    Options
    "kroman" wrote:
    Welcome (although I'm new too!),

I started with scotch, so bourbon has always tasted a little weird to me. the sweetness from the corn is only pleasant for a few sips...not a whole dram.

That being said, if I was to recommend a bourbon to a scotch drinker, I'd go with Woodford Reserve. While it's one of the more common bourbons, you'll be hard pressed to find a bourbon drinker who has anything bad to say about it. It's spicy enough to be a little more familiar to scotch drinkers than some of the other bourbons that have that sweet corn tang, but it also has enough complexity to keep you coming back for more. Plus, it's quite affordable (at least here in America).

Good luck!

Thanks for Your recommendation. I ´ll give it a try.
    Best regards

• Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    Options

Hi! Now i know where Horst's open bottles are going to..

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english
  • andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

welcome enjoy the forum