edradour

• andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0

what is everyones favourite edradour, i have only tatsed a couple i have the bourbon and the caledonian 12 year old both very nice

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

I was at the distillery and had the most recent Sherry finish expression. It was very nice. You had a nice sweetness with a very complex scotch in the back.

I work for whisky.com
    [Deleted User] liked that
  • andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    , edited September 1 2015 at 9:09PM
    Options

Hey Ben, I have heard and saw Mr leuning taste the fairy flag and from what I see it's really good, think I will wait until I have had both my other edradour bottles and then I will go get a different one or 2

• andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    Options

well i done it last night i opened the caledonia 12 year old, OMG what a wonderful bottle it is i totally love it

• Smee Member Joined: 17.04.2016Posts: 2Ratings: 1
    Options

I have a Super Tuscan, its nearly empty and I'm very sad as it's difficult to find here.

• kroman Member Joined: 16.04.2016Posts: 261Collectionkromans CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

I've only had one (the signatory vintage 10 unchillfiltered), so I don't have anything to compare it to. That being said, it was very intense and tasty. Sherry, dried fruit, nuts...it tasted much older than ten years!

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

I have been at the Edradour distillery 10 days ago and got the first taste of a Ballechin matured in Manzanilla casks (the smoky Malt from Edradour). A really wonderful complex and intense dram. Edradour lives from the varity in its malts. The least I like are the simple Ex-Bourbon cask matured malts. Among all the others matured in different cask there are close to none whiskies less goog than excellent.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    Options

@horst_s are you going to be doing an English version of your review of the Caledonia 12 year old, would love to know what you think of it.