Just Joined: Scotsman in Iraq

• SavageHenry
    Topic creator
    Member SavageHenry
    Joined: 14.04.2016Posts: 16CollectionAll the whiskies in IraqRatings: 3

As it says on the tin, really.

Highlander currently working in the Middle East. Most of the whisky we get out here is from the Highlands and at low, low prices.

Hope to pick up a few wee tips from this forum!

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "SavageHenry" wrote:

Highlander currently working in the Middle East. Most of the whisky we get out here is from the Highlands and at low, low prices.

low low prices hmmm... you sure of their provenance?

• SavageHenry
    Topic creator
    Member SavageHenry
    Options
    "hwchoy" wrote:
    "SavageHenry" wrote:

Ha! Yes. There's no import duty here.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "SavageHenry" wrote:
    "hwchoy" wrote:

in many countries it is not safe to just buy from the street. in southeast Asia I only buy from airport duty free. I know bar owners in Vietnam who would say that "I can guarantee the first bottle will be authentic, after that is up to your luck"!

• SavageHenry
    Topic creator
    Member SavageHenry
    Options
    "hwchoy" wrote:
    "SavageHenry" wrote:
    "hwchoy" wrote:

in many countries it is not safe to just buy from the street. in southeast Asia I only buy from airport duty free. I know bar owners in Vietnam who would say that "I can guarantee the first bottle will be authentic, after that is up to your luck"!

It's a fair point. No, the suppliers here are on the level. Given the level of tax in Scotland, the deals here are exceptionally reasonable. It's just a question of getting good stuff in. It happens from time to time, but there's also a lot of the dreadful, dreadful stuff too.

• andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

welcome to the forum bud I am also from scotland

SavageHenry liked that