Looking for a bottle

• Shawn_A_Anderson
    Topic creator
    Member Shawn_A_Anderson

Balvenie DW 12 was my first whisky and was good, i then opened a bottle of Glefiddich 18 and it was much better in my opinion. I have since opened and tasted Bowmore 18 and wow not for me. I have some other bottles but not opening yet anyone recommend some i might like comparable to the Glen 18? Thansk

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Hi there,

from what I get here is that you like the oak flavour and maturity.
    Have you ever looked at Longmorn 16 or Glengoyne 21?

I work for whisky.com
  • Art_2 Member Art_2 Joined: 08.08.2014Posts: 23Ratings: 0
    Options

It is quite the unusual introduction to whisky if your first three are Balvenie 12, 'fiddich 18 and Bowmore 18...

I don't know if this is a popular opinion, but my introduction to whisky was through casually drinking blended whiskies and cheaper single malts. It worked well as an introduction to raise my curiosity. If I had started with a 12-yo and two 18-year-olds, I might have been overwhelmed.

• Shawn_A_Anderson
    Topic creator
    Member Shawn_A_Anderson
    Options

I have drank lots of blended whisky in my day Wisers, Crown royal etc, these were my first singal malts. I picked up a Glendronach 15 and love it not a every day dram im thinking quite sweet. Might be time to crack open the Old pulteney 17 and have a snort.

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Good choice of whisky

I work for whisky.com