cheers

• Donderladdich_2
    Topic creator
    Member Donderladdich_2

Hi

from time to time, I am posting in the German forum - now, I recognized that this place here went live (which is a good thing - and will probably be a big thing in the future).

I am a German, living in Switzerland, close to the lake of Constance.
    40 years old (:eek:), working in the IT business.
    Started to collect whisky less than a year ago - but had the opportunity to taste (and/or buy :bang:smile:quite some malts since then.
    I found out that I prefer peated malts (e.g. Talisker, Laphroaig, Ardbeg etc.) and rich sherry malts like Glendronach.

Other hobbies are motorbikes, fishing, mechanical wristwatches and eating :smile:

Cheers!

cheers, Patrick
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Welcome to the forum. Its nice to have you here.

I work for whisky.com
    Donderladdich_2 liked that
  • Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    Welcome to the forum. Its nice to have you here.

This. Welcome!

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english
    Donderladdich_2 liked that
  • Heidjer Member Heidjer Joined: 05.07.2014Posts: 39CollectionHeidjer's CollectionRatings: 0
  • ASWhisky Member Joined: 07.07.2014Posts: 26Ratings: 0
    Options

hi Donderladdich

8) we both meet us everywhere 8)

• Donderladdich_2
    Topic creator
    Member Donderladdich_2
    Options

Nearly everywhere8)

Didn't see ya in the Facebook group yet :biggrin:

cheers, Patrick
  • Godslayer Member Godslayer Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Welcome, glad to see you make the switch to english. Your taste in whisky is very close to my own, mind you my experience with heavy sherried whiskys/whiskeys is quite minimal, in my area first fill sherry casks(the good stuff) is impossible to find. I hope I see you post.

• Donderladdich_2
    Topic creator
    Member Donderladdich_2
    Options

Thanks Evan!
    I will continue posting here, as I believe this forum will grow significantly within the next months, and I am looking forward to accompany this development. International forums are always intering.

I just googled "Fort McMurray" to see in which area you live.
    A couple of years ago, I spent my vacation in BC / Alberta - but more in the southern part (Vancouver, Calgary, Rocky Mountains). Didn't make it to your area. However, I can image that you need to rely on ordering some of your malts online, as travelling to the next bigger city to buy a bottle or two would cost you a flight ticket :smile:

cheers, Patrick