Sherry bombs!!

• redbeard25
    Topic creator

Hello from Chicago. My name is Mike and I have been drinking a variety of whisky for 3 years now. My favorites are the big sherry whisky's but also love when then add the combination of peat and sherry. Such as the Arbeg Uigeadail or the The Balvenie Peated. What's your favorite sherry influenced whisky? I'd love to hear more since I'm new to the site.

Cheers Mike

Rowsdower70 liked that
  • voskarp Member voskarp Joined: 25.01.2015Posts: 21Collectionvoskarps CollectionRatings: 82
    , edited March 14 2016 at 5:46AM
    Options

Bowmore 15 y o Lamrig & 18 y o!

Ballechin(Edradour) 10 y o (not a Sherry bomb though, more of a sherry firecracker. But very good).

I also do my own Sherry-Peaty blendings (mixing your favourite sherry bomb and a smokey one).

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

May two favorite sherries were the Black Bowmore. The problem with this is that you don't get it very often. The second one was the Macallan Ruby. Also a bit expensive. For my everyday sherry whisky I have a Glenfarclas 105 on the shelf. It's bit dry but with a lot of fruits and sherry.

I work for whisky.com
  • redbeard25
    Topic creator
    Options

Hopefully one day I'll be able to sample those, but unlikely. Aberlour Abunadh is another favorite of mine I'm still working on the bottle from cask 46. Have not tried any of the others yet. You guys run a good site very enjoyable.

Mike

• SpemSuccessusAlit Member SpemSuccessusAlit Joined: 12.03.2016Posts: 7CollectionSpemSuccessusAlits CollectionRatings: 86
    Options

Glenfarclas 15 of sure.

Less intense but offers great Sherry notes on the aroma is the Glenmorangie 12 Quinta Ruban.

2 favorites of mine as I am a Sherry junky, both a great quality/price.

Rowsdower70 liked that
  • andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

welcome to the forum

• Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    Options

Welcome!

Peated/sherried Whiskies:
    Lagavulin Distillers Edition
    Talisker Distillers Edition
    Ardbeg Uigeadail
    BenRiach Fumosus Series

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english
  • Rowsdower70 Member Rowsdower70 Joined: 10.07.2016Posts: 20CollectionRowsdower70s CollectionRatings: 7
    , edited August 15 2016 at 2:35AM
    Options
    "SpemSuccessusAlit" wrote:
    Glenfarclas 15 of sure.

Less intense but offers great Sherry notes on the aroma is the Glenmorangie 12 Quinta Ruban.

2 favorites of mine as I am a Sherry junky, both a great quality/price.

This (Quinta Ruban) is not only my favorite drinks with Sherry notes, but one of my favorite whiskys in general.

Michael Suitt