Worth buying ? (Mortlach IB)

• Maximilien
    Topic creator
    Member Maximilien

Hello there.
    Suddenly find in country liquor store a bottle of Mortlach 12 YO by Duncan Taylor NC2 series(vintage 1998/2011). the price is equal to Highland Park 15 YO. Is this bottle worth trying ??? i see this series first time. Cant find any information about bottle at official Duncan Taylor site.

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Haven't tried this one, but generally speaking I found the NC2 Range of a lower quality than most other Duncan Taylor bottlings (with the exception of the Whisky Galore series).
    If you're keen on trying an IB Mortlach, go ahead - if you'd rather be sure to spend the money on something you like then probably better stay with the HP 15 or something else you fancy in that price range.

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Maximilien
    Topic creator
    Member Maximilien
    Options
    "SanctTom" wrote:
    Haven't tried this one, but generally speaking I found the NC2 Range of a lower quality than most other Duncan Taylor bottlings (with the exception of the Whisky Galore series).
    If you're keen on trying an IB Mortlach, go ahead - if you'd rather be sure to spend the money on something you like then probably better stay with the HP 15 or something else you fancy in that price range.

they also offered me a bottle of Tullibardine 1993/2008 sherry cask , seems that they have no good bottles .......

• keithnoe Member Joined: 06.08.2016Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    , edited September 8 2016 at 6:52AM
    Options
    "Maximilien" wrote:
    Hello there.
    Suddenly find in country liquor store a bottle of Mortlach 12 YO by Duncan Taylor NC2 series(vintage 1998/2011). the price is equal to Highland Park 15 YO. Is this phenq worth trying ??? i see this series first time. Cant find any information about bottle at official Duncan Taylor site.

I have never tried those. But I would suggest you to try Indian brand, Amrut whisky, single malt. It was launched in Scotland in 2004. I have almost tried all their brands and not disappointed at all.

Go for it!