What is your favorite glass to drink your whisky?

• smanonfire
    Topic creator

Hey everyone,

So I moved into my new house and I finally have a large enough bar area to stock a variety of new whiskey glasses. Can you guys chime in and and let me know what your favorite glass is to drink whiskey out of? I'm trying to get an idea of what my runner up set should be.

Here are some of the options I have in mind. Let me hear yours!

Old fashioned glass
    Glencairn glass
    Neat glass
    Single malt glass
    Rocks/Lowball glass

Thanks

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

I'm sorry to say, but I like the our German exclusive the best.

The others are just not wide enought.

This one

I work for whisky.com
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

I prefer nosing glasses - a typical snifter with stem or a Glencairn. For Bourbon or heavily peated stuff I choose one of the larger variety.
    There are many good glasses on the (German) market - Eisch, Spiegelau to name but two - in slightly different shapes, sizes and materials, so I always recommend a test to find the one that feels best.

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

i use the nosing / tasting glass i got at edradour for my single malts, and when i drink jack daniels i have 2 jack daniels glasses i use

• schnazola Guest, Member schnazola Joined: 16.04.2015Posts: 31CollectionSchnaz's EmptiesRatings: 4
    Options

I use a glass that looks exactly like this. It's pretty much a Glencairn glass with a stem.

hwchoyFrederico2 liked that