Opinions on Glenfiddich 12

2»
  • schnazola Guest, Member schnazola Joined: 16.04.2015Posts: 31CollectionSchnaz's EmptiesRatings: 4
    Options
    "Art" wrote:
    If I knew I was getting the first bottle again, I'd be happy to buy it. If I was getting the second bottle, I'd pass.

I've had similar experiences with other mass-market whiskies, which I won't bother to list.

I think the Glenfiddich people realized that quality was suffering -- noticeably!!! -- as they endeavored to increase production quantities of the 12yo. I think the most recent releases are better than the ones of the less recent past. I can't say, however, whether they are as good as they were 20 years ago. My memory isn't that good, and -- I think -- my taste buds have improved. :smile:

• Robusto Member Joined: 22.10.2017Posts: 5Ratings: 0
    , edited October 23 2017 at 1:09AM
    Options

@Joshmang123 

Agreed!  Long ago, Glenfiddich 12 became  the first single malt that I liked.  My room mate from collage gave me a bottle of Glenfiddich 21 for Christmas that year,  and I was hooked on scotch! I blame these two bottles for my love of all things Smokey and peaty.

From thoes two bottles I ventured forth into more complex drams.  I still find Glenfiddich 15 solara to be a consistently wonderful, easy to drink easy to love glass of whiskey.

Fred

2»