Privately Owned Whisky Distilleries?

• dramman
    Topic creator
    Joined: 25.09.2015Posts: 4Collectiondrammans CollectionRatings: 0

I'm new to whisky tasting:

Other than Glenfarclas and Kilchoman, are there other privately owned whisky distilleries?

Thank you.

• dramman
    Topic creator
    Joined: 25.09.2015Posts: 4Collectiondrammans CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Outstanding. Thank you.

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

That is really outstanding. I guess we also have to do a good representation of the ownership.

I work for whisky.com
  • Maximilien Member Maximilien Joined: 19.01.2016Posts: 16Ratings: 0
    Options

how the tomatin is independent??? i guess it belongs to japan company takara shuzo
    and the tullibardine belongs to french company of wines

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Maximilien, "Independent" and "Small" (meaning owner doesn't own multiple distilleries) is featured as the same colour - see the small print on the right on the table.

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Maximilien Member Maximilien Joined: 19.01.2016Posts: 16Ratings: 0
    Options
    "SanctTom" wrote:
    Maximilien, "Independent" and "Small" (meaning owner doesn't own multiple distilleries) is featured as the same colour - see the small print on the right on the table.

ok then another question: HOW THE TOMATIN IS SMALL? 5 milion litres per year is count as "small" ??

this tablete is complete mess

• Marko_I Member Marko_I Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 12Ratings: 0
    Options
    "Maximilien" wrote:
    "SanctTom" wrote:
    ok then another question: HOW THE TOMATIN IS SMALL? 5 milion litres per year is count as "small" ??

this tablete is complete mess

No, the key to understanding is (meaning owner doesn't own multiple distilleries).

If more than one distillery are owned by the same owner/company, this group of distilleries has their own color.
    All "single distilleries" (their owner owns only one distillery) are left white, no matter, if the owner is one person or a family or a company or how big the distillery or the comapany is. The white distilleries are just not owned by the same owner as any other scotch distillery, they do not belong to a group of distilleries, not more, not less.

SanctTom liked that
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, Marko! :smile:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)