George Dickel 1999 vs 2015

• ben_2
    Topic creator
    Guest, Administrator ben_2
    Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92

I've talked to Horst and compared the fotos of 1999 with the pictures of 2015.
    What has changed:
    First of all all the shapes and sizes of the production material has not changed.
    I did find the post office, but it looked permanently closed to me. Back then it was a real post office with money transfer, registry and general delivery.
    The gift shop looked a bit more modern and the big entrance hall now has a TV with a film about George Dickel playing in a loop.
    Have a look at the pictures. I think they moved from hedges in front of the building to trees. Also is that a new bridge?
    I also compared the signs explaining the different steps in the process. They are different. The text and background of the signs is not very different, but the posts holding the signs are not as massive as they used to be. That's what gave it of that they were replaced.

DCP04066.JPG 274.7K
    I work for whisky.com
  • ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options

And the second picture

IMG_0615.JPG 949.4K
    I work for whisky.com
  • 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

Any signs of pollution arise over the years? Is there more cars traveling around the location as compared with 16 years ago? I think many people are concerned over pollution in the world might affect the future quality of whiskies...

• ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options

Thant's hard to compare, but there were hardly any cars going back and forth to the distillery. The air was very clean and fresh, due to the creek and the forest. Maybe other distilleries have problems with pollution, but not certainly Dickel.

Have you seen the Barton distilleryat 2:45. And yes the green stuff is mold. Thats a natural pollution, but the whiskey is still good.

I work for whisky.com
  • ben_2
    Topic creator
    Options

Now I just though of something that is very disturbing in regards to pollution. Some warehouses use combustion engines that are very badly in their filtration system. I have been in some warehouses that use these Diesel forklifts and it smells horrible. But this has been around for at least 40 years now. I would like to see more warehouses using electric forklifts or automation systems for their warehouse management. Fortunately most of the American warehouses are Ricked warehouses, so these small forklifts are actually all electric.

I work for whisky.com
  • Script Member Joined: 30.12.2015Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    , edited March 19 2020 at 10:24AM
    Options

"been" wrote:
    Now I just though of something that is very disturbing in regards to pollution. Some warehouses use combustion engines that are very badly in their filtration system. I have been in some warehouses that use these Diesel forklifts and it smells horrible. But this has been around for at least 40 years now. I would like to see more warehouses using electric forklifts or automation systems for their warehouse management. Fortunately most of the American warehouses are Ricked warehouses, so these small forklifts are actually all electric.

I'm surprised these Whisky producers don't protect their whisky from pollutants. Makes me wonder if some of the Whisky out there is safe to drink?

• ledabunny Member ledabunny Joined: 23.12.2016Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    , edited February 1 2017 at 10:08PM
    Options
    @Script

Thant's hard to compare, but there were hardly any cars going back and forth to the distillery. The air was very Adele Results After 28  clean and fresh, due to the creek and the forest. Maybe other distilleries have problems with pollution, but not certainly Dickel.

image.png 756B