Hello from Singapore!

13»
    Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

Really??? May I know where? I only buy those Whisky (eg. Yamazaki with age statement, Macallan with age statement, etc) which are not sold in DFS at liquor stores as DFS is always cheaper for me.

"ThePeanut" wrote:
    Hi 116520, DFS are quite cheap compared to other places in Singapore however I found some places that sell whiskey's or other liquor at a cheaper rate compared to DFS.
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "116520" wrote:
    I guess sometimes buying from online liquor store might be cheaper but there is a risk of loss mail/broken bottle during shipping. (Also, most bottles don't fit into my tiny mailbox. So, I guess I will have to travel to one of the post office to collect the item...)

"ben" wrote:
    Ahhh yeah sure. Are DFS still cheaper than normal shops? I would have guessed with the new internet age online is always cheaper.

if you buy online, you will have to pay liquor duty + 7% GST.
    liquor duty is SGD88 per litre alcohol, so if you bring in one 70cl bottle at 43% abv, you will be charged SGD88 x 0.7 x 0.43 = $26.49

I paid that when I bought the friends of Laphroaig 21 years 35cl.

Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

Thanks for the info.

"hwchoy" wrote:
    "116520" wrote:
    I guess sometimes buying from online liquor store might be cheaper but there is a risk of loss mail/broken bottle during shipping. (Also, most bottles don't fit into my tiny mailbox. So, I guess I will have to travel to one of the post office to collect the item...)

"ben" wrote:
    Ahhh yeah sure. Are DFS still cheaper than normal shops? I would have guessed with the new internet age online is always cheaper.

if you buy online, you will have to pay liquor duty + 7% GST.
    liquor duty is SGD88 per litre alcohol, so if you bring in one 70cl bottle at 43% abv, you will be charged SGD88 x 0.7 x 0.43 = $26.49

I paid that when I bought the friends of Laphroaig 21 years 35cl.