Few of other whiskys I found exceptional

- Lagavulin 12YO
    - Aucentoshan Three Woods
    - Ardbeg Uigeadail
    - Kilchoman Loch Gorm
    - Longrow CV
    - AnCnoc 12YO
    - Bowmore 18YO

• pasvraiment Member pasvraiment Joined: 05.11.2015Posts: 26Collectionpasvraiments CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Lagavulin 16
    Talisker 10
    Glendronach 15
    Oban 14

:smile:

• ctome3 Member Joined: 14.11.2015Posts: 5Collectionctome3s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

So I take this thread to mean "which three bottles will your liquor cabinet never be without?" I have many whiskies that I really enjoy, but when they are gone I will likely replace them with something else. Not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy them, but because there are so many other great whiskies to try!

However, there are a few that I always keep around:
    1. Johnnie Walker Blue Label
    2. Cardhu 12
    3. Lagavulin 16 (I prefer the Distillers Edition but I can't always find that)

Honorable mention: Macallan 25. That used to be in this category except the price has just gotten out of control.

Just like the OP, I think these cover the majority of my hankerings: when I want something super-smooth, the JWBL can't be beat. When I want peaty and smoky, I know of nothing better than the Lagavulin. And for the money, I think Cardhu 12 is one of the best Speysides around.

• leswaller Member leswaller Joined: 22.11.2015Posts: 8Collectionleswallers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options
    "ctome3" wrote:
    So I take this thread to mean "which three bottles will your liquor cabinet never be without?" I have many whiskies that I really enjoy, but when they are gone I will likely replace them with something else. Not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy them, but because there are so many other great whiskies to try!

However, there are a few that I always keep around:
    1. Johnnie Walker Blue Label
    2. Cardhu 12
    3. Lagavulin 16 (I prefer the Distillers Edition but I can't always find that)

Honorable mention: Macallan 25. That used to be in this category except the price has just gotten out of control.

Just like the OP, I think these cover the majority of my hankerings: when I want something super-smooth, the JWBL can't be beat. When I want peaty and smoky, I know of nothing better than the Lagavulin. And for the money, I think Cardhu 12 is one of the best Speysides around.

I agree with your thoughts on replacing with new brands/years as I still have so many to try. At this point my one bottle I will keep on the shelf is Ardmore Legacy.

My whisky journey has just begun..., won't you join me?
  • Islayman_2 Member Joined: 02.03.2016Posts: 3CollectionIslaymans CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Would have to include an Islay and a sherried speyside so mine would be:

Ardbeg Perpetuum
    Glendronach 18
    Springbank 15

Various expressions of Macallan sherry oak are,in general, on another planet but they are just so expensive these days they come in the fantasy category for me.

• LaphroaigLover Member LaphroaigLover Joined: 08.03.2016Posts: 6Ratings: 0
    Options

I would have to go with

1. Laphroaig Quarter Cask

2. Lagavulin 16

3. Talisker 10

Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban close behind

More Peat = More Better :)
    Blanco liked that
  • redbeard25 Member Joined: 11.03.2016Posts: 5Ratings: 0
    Options

If I had to pick 3 then I would have to say

1-Ardbeg Uigeadail

2-Abelour A'bunadh (any cask)

3-Glendronach 15 (Not sure if it's being produced anymore)

Vcgy liked that
  • SB17SW Member Joined: 16.03.2016Posts: 4CollectionRivlis bottlesRatings: 10
    Options

Hard to pick only 3 whiskies. As stated by others taste and accessibility changes over time, but there are a few distillers that keep returning.

1. Springbank, both 15 and 18. If you ever get the chance, try out the 17 sherry wood, my current favorite, it is just an explosion that never seem to stop.

2. Islay whiskies are tricky as I love them all. Picking one, I would have to say Caol Ila. I know it doesn't have the same ring as the others but it always reemerge in my cabinet.

3. And then I just love the old fashioned 12 and 18 Macallan. What the heck are they doing these days? If they continue screwing up I might just change this to Balvenie. Ever tried the 30y ? Expensive yes but what a treat.

The good thing is that we all like different things and thus we can all share each other's good fortunes.

• SavageHenry Member SavageHenry Joined: 14.04.2016Posts: 16CollectionAll the whiskies in IraqRatings: 3
    Options

My three:

Talisker 10 (Just peaty enough without being overwhelming)
    Glenmorangie 10 (my first step away from Jack Daniels/Famous Grouse)
    Glenlivet Nadurra 16 yo (the quality in this has diminished significantly since they stopped with the age statement, in my opinion - whenever I see an aged bottle, I buy it).