Hello from Wiesbaden!

• leswaller
    Topic creator
    Member leswaller
    Joined: 22.11.2015Posts: 8Collectionleswallers CollectionRatings: 0

My whisky journey started a few months ago. I watch several youtube channels that have whisky reviews. For many years I have been a beer drinker and really had my eyes opened after coming to Europe and tasting so many different beers. I now have 8 or 9 favorites to choose from depending on the circumstances. I never thought I would learn to enjoy whisky, and yet, here I am drinking whisky and looking forward to the next whisky that I get a chance to taste. I'd love to meet other whisky enthusiasts at a German or European whisky festival in the near future. I think that would be great! I have attached my current whisky collection and the beer that I like. :smile: Cheers!

My whisky journey has just begun..., won't you join me?
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Hello and welcome!
    Have lots of fun on your onward journey - the world of whisky can be quite vast, so prepare for a long time... :wink:
    Don't worry about meeting other whisky enthusiasts on whisky fairs and such - see you there soon! :smile:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • leswaller
    Topic creator
    Member leswaller
    Options

Thanks for the Welcome!

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Welcome to the forum,

it's perfectly fine for you to be here on whisky.com, but you do know that we have a German website as well, right?

BR
    Ben

I work for whisky.com
  • leswaller
    Topic creator
    Member leswaller
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    Welcome to the forum,

it's perfectly fine for you to be here on whisky.com, but you do know that we have a German website as well, right?

BR
    Ben

How does the German website differ from whisky.com?

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

A few things:

It's older -> more Forum posts
    Some of the Knowledge sites have not been translated, yet.
    It has a shop

I work for whisky.com
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    A few things:

It has a shop

Most of all - it's in German...:lol:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • leswaller
    Topic creator
    Member leswaller
    Options
    "SanctTom" wrote:
    "ben" wrote:
    A few things:

It has a shop

Most of all - it's in German...:lol:

I would be interested in the shop's URL. Although I live in Germany, I do not speak German at a proficient level, yet. Globus and the World Beer store in Darmstadt have a fair to good collection of Scotch; however, I am always looking on the internet to see who has what and for how much.

Thanks for having a site in English, much appreciated! If you ever need another pair of eyes for editing the English content, I would be more than happy to give you my time.

Sincerely,

Les Waller

Options
    http://www.whisky.de/shop/

Most of the names of the whiskys are the same.

I work for whisky.com
  • leswaller
    Topic creator
    Member leswaller
    Options

Thanks! Very nice shop and very reasonable prices! Google Chrome does a fairly good job at translating so no problem there. Cheers!