Hello

• Godslayer
    Topic creator
    Member Godslayer
    Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0

Hi,my name is Evan, I'm in my mid twenties and have a degree in finance. I am of Canadian origin, so when we talk about whisky we may be experiencing slightly different products as quite a few whiskys Europe gets at 40% I get at 43%, a common example is Highland park 12 year old. As far as whisky goes I've tried over 50, the rarest being black Bowemore followed by Johnnie walker king George the 5th. My favorite peated whisky is Lagavullin 16 year old, unpeated goes to Highland park 18 year old or Bowemore 15 year old. My prized whisky is a bottle of Coleburn 25 year old, that at first I thought was red label but she's come along after being opened... funny that. Not sure what else to say, I hope to learn a fair bit and discuss some excellent and not so excellent whisky.

Best Regards,
    Me

• Heidjer Member Heidjer Joined: 05.07.2014Posts: 39CollectionHeidjer's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Welcome here!
    The 43% thing is indeed nice.

• ASWhisky Member Joined: 07.07.2014Posts: 26Ratings: 0
    Options

welcome Godslayer 8)

Black Bowmore sounds exciting
    what were your impressions?

one of my favorites is this WID:1927

• Godslayer
    Topic creator
    Member Godslayer
    Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0
    Options
    "ASWhisky" wrote:
    welcome Godslayer 8)

Black Bowmore sounds exciting
    what were your impressions?

one of my favorites is this WID:1927

It was good, I ordered it in a bar on my 23rd birthday, normally I would buy a bottle of something but I knew this restaurant(The bothy) had it so I decided to try the legend( man I am a sucker for marketing) I spent a while with my ounce and got a lot of fruity and chocolate notes and almost an exotic spice note. It was interesting my previous oldest malt being Glenfarclas 25 year old. Port Ellen is on my rador, being in Canada getting my hands on a bottle is next to impossible. I've only ever seen one and it was $1400, which is beyond my price point, I have drank two blends which claim to have Port Ellen in them jw King George and Big Peat, but I am guessing the ratio of Port Ellen is minute in those blends, I am keeping my eye on two distributors in Alberta that on rare occasions get it in and when they do I am going to buy a bottle.

ASWhisky liked that
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Welcome to the forum. Its nice to have you here.

I work for whisky.com
  • Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    Options

Welcome!

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english
  • Helgo Member Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 7Ratings: 0
    Options

Welcome bro8)