Brora 40 year old

• Bruce
    Topic creator
    Joined: 09.08.2021Posts: 1CollectionBruces CollectionRatings: 0

Hello all,  I'm thinking of buying a bottle of Brora 40 year old single malt. It will cost me about 5000 euro.

So I'm interested in peoples opinion of this whisky. Will it be a good investment? I'm certainly not  drinking it. Please give me your thoughts and suggestions anyone. I'm in Australia and new to whisky investing.

Cheers :smile:

A limited-edition single malt from Brora, released in 2019 to celebrate the distillery's 200th anniversary, ahead of its reopening in 2020. Matured for 40 years in American oak hogsheads, this Highland single malt is a fine, elegant old coastal malt with rich fruit sweetness and compelling smokiness, held in perfect balance and remarkable vigour for its age.

Yasar_Gocer liked that
  • Alicia_Rich Member Alicia_Rich Joined: 28.03.2022Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    , edited March 31 2022 at 1:08PM
    Options

@Bruce 

Hi,

I'm from Australia too

I had the opportunity to drink Brora but I'm not sure how old it was ( i think 30 or 35 years old ) , this is one of the best whisky that I have tried.

For me is ok to invest in something like that, especially if you make a collection of whisky.
    Ex. I make a collection of whisky but only from Scotland because I love Scotch whisky and I need Brora too!