Glenallachie 12

• Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie

Just ordered this as it is natural colour,non chill filtered,age statement and 46%...can't really go wrong there AND Ralfys Whisky of the Year!!!Looking forward to tasting this on Friday,if anyone has tasted this,please leave feedback,which I will read enthusiastically!

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

@Ian_Crombie 

I tasted this when it came out last summer - so not sure if it's the same batch you bought...

I found it a decent whisky - especially for the entry level, even though I find it a little too expensive over here in Germany.

Tasting notes were lots of different fruits (melons, blackberries, mirabelles) with honey and sun-warmed wood - on the downside I found the alcohol a touch too present.

Hope you like it!

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie
    Options

@SanctTom Tasted Glenallachie last night and not as impressed by flavours as I hoped.Didnt really get butterscotch or mocha,wasnt really sure what I was tasting.£44 for a 12 yr old is a bit pricey..Glengoyne 12 can be £32 and is great!Will persevere with this bottle,as flavours are nice..just not sure what they are.Germany likes Glenfarclas and the 15 was the drink that got me into single malts,18 months ago.Have visited the distillery too,a year ago..Are you a fan of Glenfarclas??