A starch based but not cereal

• SROS
    Topic creator

Hi everyone,

i know this forum has experts and whiskey/ whisky lovers from all over the world. 

Hence the reason i am joining as i would also like to learn more for your good selves and share what we have.

We have a product we wanted to called it whisky/ whiskey but were not sure because of the original raw materials (its starch and its a comb) we have fermented it is and distilled it and aged it for about a year now and it take supreme hehe yeap thats what i called it, its new blood. the alcohol content is 40% v/v.

Due to our warm temperature aging is quite fast and within a year the taste is completely good and color is amber very beautiful.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

SROS said:

Hi everyone,

i know this forum has experts and whiskey/ whisky lovers from all over the world. 

Hence the reason i am joining as i would also like to learn more for your good selves and share what we have.

We have a product we wanted to called it whisky/ whiskey but were not sure because of the original raw materials (its starch and its a comb) we have fermented it is and distilled it and aged it for about a year now and it take supreme hehe yeap thats what i called it, its new blood. the alcohol content is 40% v/v.

Due to our warm temperature aging is quite fast and within a year the taste is completely good and color is amber very beautiful.

There are regulations out there. Depending on where you live it may be possible to be called whisky/whiskey or not. But not in the EC and most probably not in the US.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    bedlamborn liked that
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@SROS 

It ll depends on the country. Both the European Union and USA has their laws and regulations on the internet. If you ue a google search you can find them and see what is written there.

• DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@SROS Move your operation to Canada! You could ferment cheese flavored gummy bears and still legally call it whiskey! :razz:

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg