Balvenie 12 DW vs 17DW

• Joe1
    Topic creator

I have tried the 12 dw but its little watery and i saw the 17 its darker colour than the 12 and looks better. Is it alot different between the 12 and 17? I want to kniw if uts fully and rich as...lets say Glenlivet 18?

• DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Joe1 The 12DW was a huge let down for me. I was instantly disappointed after what I spent on that bottle. 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• Ian_Crombie Member Ian_Crombie Joined: 11.06.2018Posts: 126Ratings: 0
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage I keep getting inappropriate messages,not related to my whisky messages originally left.Could nt give a shit about fake passports,they should not be appearing on this whisky site,you are right!!Whisky.com needs to seriously get their security act together..or I leave permanently!!!!!!☹☹☹☹

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Ian_Crombie Agreed. This is getting ridiculous. 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Ian_Crombie

Whisky.com are working on the problems with spammers. But as always it is a hard battle between moderators and automated spammers.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

We will make the first post of a new user halt for inspection before being published. This might slow down new users but will reduce the mental pressure on the existing users.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@bedlamborn 

The system is online now. But I have to look more often into the forum now.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    bedlamborn liked that
    Options

@Joe1 Last night tried the Balvenie 14 Year Carribean (Rum Finish) at a restaurant. It was very interesting. Sweetest scotch i've ever tasted. Had an amaretto flavor to it. It was decent, but I dont think i'd ever buy a bottle. Too sweet for me. I'd only be able to have one before I switched to something else. I can see why distillers dont do rum finishes very often. 

~Joel Rosenburg