Adding bottles to the collection/database

• Vasco
    Topic creator
    Guest, Member Vasco
    Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4

To complete my collection in whisky.com, I would like to add some bottles that don't exist in the database - or I wasn't able to found them:

James Martin's 20 Years Old, two different editions;

Super Nikka (not the Revival one, but and old bottling);

Catto's 12 Years Old (old bottling);

Dark Whisky (a cheap polish brand, it's just a curiosity);

DYC Pure Malt (there are some DYC entries in the database, but none matches with the one in my collection).

Also, I've added a Penderyn Madeira 1 L, that doesn't show in the database search - I used the 0.7l one.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Vasco

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Vasco

Sorry, I can not find the Penderyn Madeira 1L in the database. There must have been something gone wrong during your input.

Please try again. It has to function. A lot of new bottles are pouring in constantly.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Vasco
    Topic creator
    Guest, Member Vasco
    Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@horst_s

Thank you for help.

I introduced my Penderyn Madeira 1l bottle as a 0.7l bottle, with a remark, as being actually a 1l bottle.

If I can, I'll try to create a custom bottle, with photos.

Regards,

Vasco

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Vasco

my understanding is you used an existing 0.7L entry and added some comment about 1L size?  edits to existing entry does not show up immediately, I think it has to go through a vetting process.

For you new bottles, or different sizes, or even different bottle or box design, you can create a "NEW BOTTLE".  at the bottle search page, on the right hand top corner you will see a "CREATE BOTTLE" button.

• Vasco
    Topic creator
    Guest, Member Vasco
    , edited October 18 2017 at 7:44PM
    Options

Well, I created 3 bottles, and messed up :redface: in the first two:

https://www.whisky.com/whisky-database/details/kilchoman-kilchoman-2017-machir-bay-46-07l.html

(Name incorrect, need to correct it)

https://www.whisky.com/whisky-database/details/lagavulin-53.html

(Forgot to say that this bottle is a White Horse one)

Also, I want to add a James Martin's 20 Years, but the brand is not available in the "Create a Bottle" menu/scroll down list.

Does anyone could give me a help here?

Sláinte,

Vasco

hwchoy liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Vasco 

send @ben a note to fix it.

Vasco liked that
  • Vasco
    Topic creator
    Guest, Member Vasco
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

I changed the two bottles, but the James Matin is not a big brand. Just ad it under unspecified.

I work for whisky.com
    Vasco liked that
  • Vasco
    Topic creator
    Guest, Member Vasco
    Options

@ben 

Thanks, will do as you said.

Concerning this bottle:

https://www.whisky.com/whisky-database/details/jim-beam-dyc-spanischer-single-malt.html

I suggest a correction, stating:

Distillery: DYC - Destilerías y Crianza del Whisky S.A.

or simply, Destilerías y Crianza

Country/Region: Spain/Segovia

Bottler: Original bottling

I would also change the name from "Jim Beam 10 Years DYC Spanish Single Malt" to simply "Single Malt 10 Years". As you know, Jim Beam is the owner, it does not make much sense to include it in the name.

This distillery exists since the late 50's, and currently produces around 20 million litres of single malt, going almost all to inexpensive blends, in order to mix it with coke or something. I usually see low-end bottles of this brand in the spanish supermarkets, attached with soda or coke or something like that.

This one is different. It is a lightweight, fruity, very enjoyable, and incredibly cheap, single malt. It deserves the correction. :biggrin:

Thank you again for the trouble!

Sláinte!