Finally tried Blanton's Kentucky Single Barrel Bourbon...

• Noodles
    Topic creator
    Member Noodles
    Joined: 23.03.2017Posts: 40CollectionThe Noodles CollectionRatings: 22

Maybe it was that my expectations were too high, but I cannot justify $55 on this *very good* NAS bourbon.
    It could be that my palate is not educated enough to appreciate it, but I did not find this bourbon had more character than other, much more affordably priced NAS bourbons. What are your opinions of this one?

Review: 4 stars, but overpriced.

Blanton's Bourbon Poll
    1. The cost of Blanton's Kentucky Single Barrel is...5 votes
      1. Underpriced.
          0%
      2. Fairly priced.
        60%
      3. Overpriced.
        40%
    Tagged:
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@Noodles

I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. A lot of people love it, but I am not one of them. There are many less expensive bourbons that I prefer to Blanton's.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Noodles @Carlton

It is the Blantons Original Single Barrel that you are talking about?

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@bedlamborn

Yes. That is the only one we can get in the US.

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Carlton

It cost 462SEK in Sweden and is one that I could consider buying as it is not to expensive compared to most of the Bourbons in Sweden.

• Noodles
    Topic creator
    Member Noodles
    Options

@bedlamborn With conversion rate to USD, that's less than it sells for in any shop near my home! Which sounds crazy, considering you should be paying more for its importation. Perhaps this is because of our US Liquor Tax. :frown:

Options

@Noodles

Swedish Liquor tax is big. So maybe they sell it a bit cheaper in Sweden to make some inroads. Who know price and why some things are expensive.

Options

@bedlamborn

That's close to the price I can buy it for here. It is a single barrel product, so it could be that I just haven't had good luck with particular bottles. By the way, Rock Hill Farms and Hancock's President's Reserve are also single barrel bottlings of the same distillate at slightly different proofs, but I don't know whether they are available in Sweden.

Options

@Carlton

Not available in Sweden. Not so much here unfortunately. I have a bottle of Banton's Gold edition at home, wonder what difference that is.

BTW have you tried Maker's 46? Is it better than the regular Maker's?

• Noodles
    Topic creator
    Member Noodles
    Options

@bedlamborn I still haven't gotten around to Maker's 46. I like the regular Maker's Mark quite a lot! I guess I'm too scared to "fix what isn't broken."

Also, in a video I watched recently about Crowdfunded Whisky, @horst_s shares that most bottles of whisky cost €1.5 or €2!!! So you see, Corn is a Cash Crop for Blanton's! Lol. We are paying considerably for tax, shipping, and, most of all, marketing!

Options

@Noodles

In Sweden he Maker's 46 cost 50% more than the regular Maker's and I quite love the regular Maker's so I haven't bought the 46 yet.

@Carlton

Have you tried Rebel Yell. Their small batch Rye and Small batch reserve is american whisky that I can afford to buy at 461 SEK.