Only one single malt?

13»
  • hriveran Member Joined: 14.01.2017Posts: 5Ratings: 0
    Options

@Carlton I agree with other participants in that it would be hard to stick with only one malt. But I have asked that question myself before. I think I would choose Talisker 10. It would be Talisker Distiller's Edition if it were sold in Mexico. The Distiller's Edition was the first single malt I tried. My brother brought it as a gift to me from the UK and it hooked me up with single malts, with whisky in general. Contrary to other people that try blended before single malts, thanks to my brother I started with a great single malt.

• Andyvans Member Andyvans Joined: 26.07.2015Posts: 34CollectionAndyvanss CollectionRatings: 4
    , edited June 8 2017 at 3:48AM
    Options

@Carlton

Hmm, Talisker goes at the top of my list for next purchase. As to the question, I think I would get tired of peat faster than of sherry, so I would have to pick a sherry bomb, namely Glendronach single cask. I've been drinking it for a year and never get enough of it. In fact, stopped buying anything else as every time I am in the mood of buying another bottle I just pick up another Glendronach. Tried different ages and they are all delicious. They are also usually less expensive than other comparable names where I live. I am a bit of a sweet tooth, and Glendronach feels more like a desert wine for me. So that would be my choice.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Andyvans

for sherry bombs I heard the Edradour Cask Strengths are really something.