Glenmorangie

2»
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

I find the GM Extra Matured rage excellent. Adding the age statement of 12 yrs to these bottles a decade ago was wonderful.

The experiments by Dr. Bill are great but often a little pricey. In the beginning these experiments most often carried an age statement. This is gone since several years now.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    hwchoy liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@horst_s

unfortunately they do not sell the extra matured 12 years range in my duty free (DFS).  here they have the Legends series and then the 18  years and Signet. Am hoping the Bacalta will make an appearance. 

• SixtyPlus Member Joined: 14.06.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@hwchoy@andyb01 I have found Glenmorange to be my favorite after being a Glen Livet guy for years.  I recently bought a bottle of the Tayne which is yet unopened.  Can you give me an idea of what I can expect taste-wise when I finally do break my resistance and decide that any time is a good time to declare a special occasion and open the bottle!

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@SixtyPlus

I only had a brief tasting of the Tayne at the airport. So far I bought several but yet to taste them.  I can tell you that it has an attention catching nose, deep and sweet from the amontillado cask.  I remember sweet palate, mineral.  very good to drink.

• SixtyPlus Member Joined: 14.06.2017Posts: 2Ratings: 0
  • pm22988 Member Joined: 17.05.2017Posts: 13Ratings: 0
    Options

@horst_s

can u please do an English video review of glenmorangie quarter century

Suzanne1967 liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@pm22988 Thank you for mentioning the 25y.o. I do my very best but with these expensive bottles I have to wait until there is a chance to get my fingers on.

P.S.: Please do not send samples. We will not taste them.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    bedlamborn liked that
    Options

@horst_s  you mean wait till one of the bottles have a leak or crack!

2»