Just released Johnnie Walker Blender's Batch 10 year Triple Grain American Oak

• Shmotch
    Topic creator

Today, I purchased a bottle from my local purveyor for $29.99 USD.  This just hit the shelfs on Friday.  It is 82.6 ABV.  Colored of course and chill filtered.  The metal screw top is orange, is this the Orange Label?  The Label declares three grains used, corn, barley and wheat, including from Diageo's secret stash from the now dufunct Port Dandas.  The single malts used in the blend are listed as Mortlach (yum) and Cardhu. 

The nose is creamy, sweet...the grain whisky is there in the nose, but the quality is high, so it is very palatable...the taste is bourbon cask and honey sweet, very soft, perhaps a very faint whisp of smoke from a long cigarette held by a dangerous lady...I am not a big grain whisky guy, but this is as pleasant of a <$30 blend as I've had in a while...after a so-so Rye finish, .I feel this is a successful JW product, kudos to them.  

Mathis liked that
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 04.12.2016Posts: 0CollectionJohn's CollectionRatings: 0
    , edited February 21 2017 at 9:36AM
    Options

@Shmotch

That sounds like a tasty blended Scotch at a great price. I wish my local liquor store carried it.

The only variant they stock (that's not in the standard Red/Black/Green/Gold/Blue line) is the Johnnie Walker Select Casks - Rye Cask Finish 10 year old for $37.99 USD. Horst already reviewed it here; he seemed to like it.

SCOTT: I found this on Ganymood, er, Ganymede.
    TOMAR: What is it?
    SCOTT: Well, it's, er. (peers at it, sniffs it) It's green.
    Mathis liked that
  • [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@Shmotch

I have yet to buy a JW whisky that I didn't enjoy.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)