Lagavulin 25 Year Old Review on Vlog

2»
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@travis_chia

expensive affair to get drunk in Singapore.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@bedlamborn

yes, at Changi airport duty free it as going for GBP775 so I suppose that's still a bargain.

bedlamborn liked that
  • Slàinte_Mhath Guest, Member Slàinte_Mhath Joined: 09.10.2016Posts: 134CollectionOslo Whisky ClubRatings: 211
    Options
    @SlàinteMhath
    In Sweden the price was 10000Sek if I remember correctly. 1100 Euros or so. I could have a complete holiday in Scotland for that price smiley

Did you participate in the Oslo Whisky Festival?

Yes, I participated in the whole festival, had a nice 'Around the World' tasting with Dave Broom and the above mentioned Lagavulin tasting. We managed to finish almost 1 bottle of Lagavulin 25yr during that tasting session (25 people). I got a generous 4 cl pour.

hwchoy said:
    but this 200th anniversary bottle will be highly collectable and price should skyrocket.

That's why I bought 1 bottle as an investment - or for a very special occasion, who knows.

The price is too high as Lagavulin has already calculated for the collectors market.

The price will easily double or even triple in a few years. Remember that it's the only 100% sherry-matured Lagavulin with a 25 years age statement.

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.” (Tyrion Lannister)

>>> Whisky reviews by Slàinte Mhath <<<

bedlamborn liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options
    @bedlamborn ;
    There are always whisky people in the world, who do not have to care about money at all. I calculated this group to a number of 50k. Definitely more than bottles available.
    Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com