Looking to Broaden my horizons...

• Chappers
    Topic creator
    Member Chappers
    Joined: 27.11.2016Posts: 21CollectionChappers' CollectionRatings: 5

As the title suggests, I'm looking to try more bourbons. I'm more of a scotch man myself and I've only ever tried a couple of bourbons that didn't really leave me wanting more. What Bourbons/American Whiskeys would you recommend to start me off?

My tastes in scotch are mostly Speyside and Highland whiskies if that helps...

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@Chappers

The following are a few suggestions to get you started on sampling the different types of American whiskeys. If you want just a couple to begin with, I would go for a high-rye bourbon and a rye whiskey, which are generally spicier and dryer than the rest.

Wheated Bourbon - Maker's Mark, Larceny, Maker's 46.
    High-Rye Bourbon - Four Roses Single Barrel, Four Roses Small Batch, Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select.
    Medium-Rye Bourbon - Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey Rare Breed.
    Rye Whiskey - Rittenhouse BIB Rye, Sazerac Rye, Wild Turkey 81 Rye.
    Single Malt - Balcones Texas Single Malt, any of the various single malts from Westland, Wasmund's Copper Fox Single Malt.
    Tennessee Whiskey - Jack Daniel's Single Barrel (or Silver Select depending on what part of the world you live), George Dickel Barrel Select, George Dickel No.12.
    Miscellaneous - Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, Balcones True Blue Corn Whiskey, Koval Oat Whiskey.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
  • Chappers
    Topic creator
    Member Chappers
    Joined: 27.11.2016Posts: 21CollectionChappers' CollectionRatings: 5
    Options

@Carlton thanks for the suggestions... plenty to work with there :smiley: 

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

@Chappers

Enjoy! :horst:

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)