such beautiful bottles

• hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    , edited October 19 2016 at 2:49PM

many whiskies come in beautiful and elegant bottles. not necessary expensive crystal decanters but still too beautiful to throwaway. does any one keep the empty bottles on display and do you just leave it empty or fill it with tea or something to look like whisky? 8)

• Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    , edited October 19 2016 at 2:48PM
    Options

I keep some of them.

Test

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

I keep very few of them. After some time there are new ones and the old ones are no longer that attractive to me. I former times I filled some with tea, but sunlight bleached them after a year or so.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Options

wow Mr. Lüning, so unfaithful :biggrin:
    I will try filling them with tea, since tea is easy to find, but caramel colour is not.

I got my hands on some miniature medical bottles at very low price. I'm thinking to save the last 2 drams in each bottle in these bottles for future reference.

• toddstevens4 Member Joined: 14.04.2016Posts: 23Collectiontoddstevens4s CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@hwchoy save the first and last dram as oxidation changes the flavor of the whisky as it remains open.

Todd Stevens
    hwchoy liked that
  • hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Options

@toddstevens4 just saving one sample per expression is already quickly piling up sample bottles!

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options

My cupboard won't hold very tall bottles, so I keep a few of the most attractive empty bottles to pour those bottles into. 

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
    hwchoy liked that