new packaging for Glenfiddich 21 yo

• hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3

was just at Singapore Changi airport DFS. there is a new packing or bottling for the Glenfiddich 21 yo Rum Cask Finish. first it is now just a Reserva vs previously was a Gran Reserva, and that bright orange box! ouch my eyes.

so, with the Gran gone missing, is it still the same quality? price is still the same.

image.jpeg 828.2K
  • horst_s Administrator horst_s Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 702
    Options

I have seen different ABVs with the 21yrs. The Gran Reserva shows 40% and the Rum Finish 43.2%.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    I have seen different ABVs with the 21yrs. The Gran Reserva shows 40% and the Rum Finish 43.2%.

The 21 year I get at Travel Retail (Changi Airport) is marked "Gran Reserva Rum Cask Finished" and 43.2% ABV. It's the same packaging and bottle as shown in Bill Kinsman's video.

The new packaging also at 43.2% so the only word missing is Gran.

Other than the box colour being so jarring, otherwise I am not so concerned about it except for the missing "Gran" whatever that might mean.
  • hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:

is there a 21 Gran Reserva without Rum Finish?
  • horst_s Administrator horst_s Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 702
    Options

Sorry, I think I mixed it up. I looked at the pictures and on every bottle they say Rum Finished.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Options

they make a bright orange box and cheated us of "Gran". it must be marketing again :evil: