Vintage Bottle of Walker Black Label

• Sigepnh
    Topic creator

I am looking to put a date on this bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label. I have seen several examples on line and have tracked the tax stamp and bottle construction several way and have found that it is likely from between 1944 and 1964. Any additional assistance would be welcome.

Imported by Canada Dry Ale, Inc. of NY, NY. I have seen many versions of the main label, but never coupled with the bottom label. Typically the bottom label has an aged year (like 12).

The bottle include a tax stamp on the top that says "US Internal Revenue" with "Series" and "111" at the Eagle's feet.

The bottle includes "federal Law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle" There is a sticker on the back that states "distilled in Sctoland and bottled in the united kingdom under government supervision"

Any thoughts?

• Sigepnh
    Topic creator
    Options

I am having a hard time uploading the photos but have many to send if anyone can help with the dating of the bottle.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

It is very difficult to find out the bottling date of old bottles. Because there hadn't been batch codes on the bottles for traceability. Today it did not got better, because the code quite rarely contains clear written dates. The codes are most often only there to recall whole batches if something went wrong in production.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com