new from Singapore

• hwchoy
    Topic creator
    Member hwchoy
    Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    , edited December 20 2015 at 3:15PM

another malt newbie from Singapore. has been buying whiskies for many years, expensive ones, as gifts for my company's customers, but regrettably I only get to carry the awfully fancy and heavy boxes, but never gets to sip any.

lately I'm starting to buy some for myself. I also do most of my shopping at the Changi airport travel retail which is DFS. Singapore has a very high liquor duty of EUR57 per litre alcohol. so it is insane to buy outside of travel retail.

and Horst has been a huge influence on the whiskies I am deciding to keep.
    my toddler daughter also pay close attention to Horst's tasting and stories...

image.jpeg 767.6K
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options
    "hwchoy" wrote:
    my toddler daughter also pay close attention to Horst's tasting and stories...

Great! :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
    hwchoy liked that
  • andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

welcome to the forum

hwchoy liked that
  • 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

Welcome to forum my fellow Singaporean! :biggrin:

hwchoy liked that
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Welcome to the Forum

I work for whisky.com
    hwchoy liked that