Who produces Glenmorangie Lasanta (43%)?

• retire55
    Topic creator
    , edited December 8 2015 at 4:10PM

Hi everyone,

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and I would like to purchase a bottle of Glenmorangie Lasanta. When I looked up this scotch on the Ontario Liquor Control Board web site, it stated that this scotch is produced by Macdonald & Muir Ltd. However, when I looked up Glenmorangie Lasanta on Québec's (neighbouring province) Société des alcools du Québec web site, it stated that this scotch is produced by Gilmore and Dean.

I'm confused. I've surfed the net unsatisfactorily looking for any connection between these two producers. Can anyone please explain the significance of two different producers? Will the scotch in the two bottles be identical in all respects to one another?

I enjoyed the Glenmorangie Lasanta sample in the four 10CL bottle taster pack that I recently purchased. That package states that the contents were produced by Glenmorangie Distillery. Sheesh!

I would very appreciate some assistance. Thank you in advance.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Both companies mentioned are not really into the business but are, from my point of view, just legal leftovers.

The Glenmorangie Distillery was bought by Macdonald & Muir in 1918. 2005 the distillery and that company were bought by LVMH (the fashion company) which also owns Ardbeg Distillery.

Here is an official link to the history.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    Rowsdower70 liked that