Name here your most likely favorite smoky and other whiskies.!

• SeaSider
    Topic creator
    Member SeaSider
    Joined: 04.09.2015Posts: 1CollectionSeaSiders CollectionRatings: 27
    , edited October 31 2015 at 5:19PM

Hi everyone 8)

I have been through a long period of time to get the right selection of my most likely favorite smoky and other whiskies.! :smile:

***-Smoky Whiskies-***
    *.Lagavulin 16 years
    *.Coal Ila 12 Years
    *.Ardbeg 10 years (200 yr of Ardbeg)
    *.Laphroaig 10 years (200 yr of Laphroaig)
    *.Laphroaig 15 years - limited edition (200 yr of Laphroaig)
    *.Talisker Skye
    *.Talisker 10 years
    *.Talisker Storm
    *.Finlaggan Original
    *.Bowmore 12 years

***-Other Whiskies-***
    *.Aberlour 12 years - Double Cask Matured
    *.Aberlour 10 years
    *.Aberfeldy 12 Years
    *.Bunnahabhain 12 Years
    *.Jura 16 years - Diurachs Own
    *.Jura 10 Years
    *.Strathisla 12 years
    *.Glenmorangie 10 years - The Original

• Glenben_2 Member Glenben_2 Joined: 02.10.2015Posts: 15CollectionBen's Whisky CollectionRatings: 1
    , edited November 4 2015 at 5:30PM
    Options

My answer can vary from day to day. Taking the first two from your list, for example, I generally prefer Lagavulin 16 over Caol Ila 12. If I were told to choose only one smoky whisky for the rest of my life, that may be it. However, there are some days in which I prefer a lighter whisky such as the Caol Ila 12. Not many days but some. In those days Lagavulin is not my favorite. Similar to the Lagavulin 16, I would have to add the Laphroaig 18 as one of my favorite smoky whiskies. It's currently on the market for the same price as the 15 year and it is my understanding that it will soon be phased out.

***Edit***

After submitting the above message, I came to realize that the 3 whiskies I mentioned happen to be displayed in my profile picture. Ha! I had completely forgotten this was the case.

• James_H Member Joined: 08.10.2014Posts: 24CollectionJames_Hs CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

In terms of smoky whiskies, my 3 favourites are...

1. Laphroaig 10yo Cask Strength (Intense and full of exactly what I want when I go for an Islay malt)

2. Ardbeg Uigeadail (Complex, intense, natural and higher strength)

3. Benromach Peat Smoke 9yo (A wonderful whisky from a great distillery, gives many Islay malts a run for there money)

• Art_2 Member Art_2 Joined: 08.08.2014Posts: 23Ratings: 0
    Options

I'm not a big peat fan, but Caol Ila 12 is beautiful.