Rest of samples?

• horst_s_2
    Topic creator
    Administrator horst_s_2

There is a recurring question to the tasting videos of Horst. What am I doing with the rest of the whisky samples in my glass after the tasting? Do I dump them?

I dump most of the rest of these samples. I am tasting roughly 10 samples in a week. I swallow typically 0.5 to 1cl (1cl = one hundredth of a liter). That means that I am drinking 2.5 to 5 liters with an average ABV of 45% in a full year. That means that I consume between 1.1 and 2.2 liters of pure alcohol per year.

This is between 10% and 20% of the average consumption of alcohol in the countries of the western world. If this would come on top of an avg consumption - it would be lethal in the long run. So I avoid emptying the glasses. I make some exceptions, but only if the whisky or whiskey is extraordinarily good.

And I stopped drinking beer at all. That wasn't difficult, because beer is most often too bitter for me. I also avoid drinking alcohol to meals and just casually. If you earn your living with alcohol, you also have to be careful not to become addicted to it. So I do not take a video every day but take them in blocks, so that I can stay alcohol free over some days in a week.

I have to take a vid sometime about this theme.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    Suzanne1967 liked that
  • 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

Thank you for making those videos. Stay healthy and we look forward for more videos from you.