The Glenlivet 1967 Cellar Collection Anyone Tried This?

• Xounlistedxox
    Topic creator
    Member Xounlistedxox
    Joined: 25.12.2014Posts: 29CollectionMy CollectionRatings: 57
    , edited December 25 2014 at 8:32AM

I just picked up a bottle of this hard to find single malt scotch from my local liquor store. Curious if anyone has tried this? It's supposed to be the best of the best stuff as selected by the master distiller at the time of bottling. This was distilled in 1967, & bottled in 2000. At 33 years of age(same age as I am currently) it is my oldest whisky by a long shot(8 years older than my next oldest) it's still unopened thus far, hard to look at this bottle and not open it! From what I've seen there may have only been 1,200 bottles imported to the U.S.

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Haven't tasted this one, but all the old Glenlivet I have tried so far were quite stunning... so cheers, looks like you're in for a treat when you decide to open it!

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Xounlistedxox
    Topic creator
    Member Xounlistedxox
    Options
    "SanctTom" wrote:
    Haven't tasted this one, but all the old Glenlivet I have tried so far were quite stunning... so cheers, looks like you're in for a treat when you decide to open it!

I found an 18 year bottling from the early 80's at my local liquor store awhile back. It is much better than today's 18 year bottling that's for sure. Kind of reminds me of a really good Irish whisky. I bet this stuff is going to be really good. This is by far my most expensive purchase of scotch, so I think It will take quite a bit of settling in my mind before I open it.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

As was said obove, most of the old vintages of Glenlivet are excellent.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • Xounlistedxox
    Topic creator
    Member Xounlistedxox
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    As was said obove, most of the old vintages of Glenlivet are excellent.

Thanks for your post, I am having trouble finding an occasion good enough to open this bottle. I am thinking of waiting until I get married.

I have been watching many of your reviews and like the style in which you review whisky. I learn quite a bit and appreciate your efforts in educating the rest of us.