Ok...folks I am stumped...I have fallen in love with whisky equivalent of Michelle Pfeiffer...the Lagavulin 16
... quite simply, it is a relationship that I cannot afford...especially pushing 2 kids through School. I need to drop my price bracket to find a regular dram. So far I have tried...
- Glenmorangie 10 - this really grew on me! It really is sensational with a curry!
- Coal Ila - similar to Lag 16 but a little shallower I found and not as tasty.
- Laphraoig 10 - I liked it and then grew not to and waiting to like it again.
- Macallan Fine Oak 12 - A grower but not as tasty and equally expensive.
- Macallan 18 - found to be very similar in style - again I liked but it didn't blow me away around its tastiness...also same issue around price.
- Tallisker 10 - maybe that is the way to go
- Oban 14 - I find it just OK and costly.
Read the review on Highland Park 12 (thank you)..sounded like it may be too tame? - plus I really don't like that guy on the website (the guy who chucks it on the floor...tosser! My father said never buy from someone you don't like). Glenlivet 12 - lighter again? (again to the taste buds of a Lag 16 lover).
So for any Lag 16 lovers out there....what do you think of Balvenie 12, HP12 and all the Glen/s 12...any other suggestions.