Inherited some OLD WHISKY.
My father recently passed away and I ended up inheriting some of his old bottles of liquor. I was wondering if your forum could help me with a few bottles since many of them are Whisky's. I'm trying to find out their ages and if there is any value to them? I just registered and I think my account needs to be upgraded before I can add pics so I'll descibe them as best as I can:
1. HARVEY'S Special Blended Scotch Whisky - These bottles are sealed with a tax stamp over the top. I think they maybe from the 50's or 60's. They stand 12" in height and are green glass bottles. They have an old Black & White Label on the front. The Top of the label says "ONE QUART". Then there is a black line underneath "One Quart". Moving down the label it says "Product of Scotland - ESTD. - A PICTURE OF A CROWN - 1770". Underneath the crown it says in large black block print "HARVEY'S". Then "Special" & underneath that "BLENDED SCOTCH WHISKY" - Underneath that "AN ENGLISH MARKET BLEND". Then, "100% SCOTCH WHISKIES AGED & BLENDED IN SCOTLAND BY" and in Script "JOHN & ROB HARVEY & CO. LTD." Then, Glascow & AULTMORE DISTILLERY - KEITH, SCOTLAND" The bottom of the label is rectangle and says "Sole Distributors for USA PARK, BENZINGER, & CO inc. - One QUART, NEW YORK, NY 86 Proof"
2. JOHNNIE WALKER BLACK LABEL - This bottle is also sealed with the tax stamp over the top and I think from the 50's or 60's. The bottle is rectangular in shape. There is a small BLACK & GOLD rectangular label at base of the neck which reads "By appointment to Her Majesty the Queen (on the left) ENGLISH COAT OF ARMS (In Center) Scotch Whisky Distillers (On Right) John Walker & Sons Ltd (along bottom)". Moving further down the bottle there is a Black & Gold JOHNNIE WALKER BLACK LABEL positioned diagonal at the center. It reads "Imported by Somerset Importers, LTD NEW YORK" (at top). "Blended Scotch Whisky Johnnie Wlaker Black Label - 100% Scotch Whiskies Distilled in Scotland, Blended and bottled by John Walker & Sons ltd., Kilmarnock, Scotland 86.8 Proof 4/5 QUART" & "Bottled in Scotland" along the bottom of center label. At very bottom is a Gold label that says "Years 12 (inside laurel wreath) OLD" - John Walker & Sons, LTD Distillers Kilmarnock, Scotland)
3. DEWARS BLENDED SCOTCH WHISKY "WHITE LABEL" - YEAR 1968 (I know this from the tax stamp)
4. CANADIAN CLUB BLENDED CANADIAN WHISKY - YEAR 1977 (Known from Tax stamp)
5. CHIVAS REGAL 12 year old Sotch - 1 Liter. Closed with tax stamp. Not sure of year. "Imported by General wine and spirits Company, New york, NY" 9on back)
I appreciate any and all help on confirming when these bottles are from Especially the HARVEY'S & JOHNNIE WALKER. Also, I know whisky doesn't age in the bottles, but could anyone tell me if there is any value to a collector or Whiskey drinker since the bottles are between 30 to possibly 70 years old?