Jack Daniels Experts.. Please Help
Well, I am a lover a Jack Daniels and that is my drink of choice. Usually black label but have bought green label and gentleman on occasion. A new client of mine and I recently went out for some drinks and he noticed I am a Jack Daniels aficionado and told me he is trying to sell his collection. Now I'm no expert on Jack Daniels but know about the Gold collection and what not but I'll list what he is offering and I just want to know if its a good price and I should jump on it or if he's over-priced and I should still jump on it and make an offer.
1. Barrel House 1 Decanter- he says its in the original wooden crate with all info and that its worth about $500 and I'm skeptical about the price.
2. 1904 100th anniversary replica bottle full with 1.75L in a wood and glass display case.
3. Single barrel commemorative bottle sealed in wooden display case.
4. 70th and 75th anniversary decanters that sit side by side in a cherry wood display case.
5. 1904 gold medal series
6. 1905 gold medal series
7. 1913 gold medal series
8. 1914 gold medal series
9. 1915 gold medal series
10. 1954 gold medal series
11. 1981 gold medal series
12. 1796-1996 dicentennial decanter
13. 1850-2000 150th birthday decanter
He says that non of the bottles have ever been opened and they all have their orginial seals and tags with bottleing numbers. He is asking $1,000 for the whole collection. Is this fair, a good deal, should I make an offer, or pass on the collection? Any help or info is much appreciated.